IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE FLAMING LIPS CONCERT
- HEARTLESS BASTARDS will begin at 8:00pm and FLAMING LIPS will close the show.
- Patrons who purchased tickets in Balcony 1, Balcony 2, Headliner, and Spotlight sections, please use the Race Street Entrance. Patrons who purchased General Admission floor tickets, please use the Tunnel Entrance under the Race Street turnaround. For a venue map, CLICK HERE.
- The Andrew J Brady Music Center is accessible via the Central Riverfront Garage and is within walking distance to several parking lots and the Cincinnati Bell Connector. For Directions and Parking, CLICK HERE.
- If you have Mobile ticket(s), make sure to download your ticket(s) prior to arriving at the venue. To download your mobile ticket(s) to your phone, go to "My Events" in the Ticketmaster App and select "Add To Wallet" (on iPhone) or "Save To Phone" (on Android).
- Please allow extra time for metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by The Andrew J Brady Music Center security personnel. Any bag/purse larger than 12"x12" will not be permitted. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items and is for the safety of our guests and our staff.
Following the overwhelming success and ticket demand for the first-ever Space Bubble Concerts, The Flaming Lips announce their return to the road for a worldwide tour scheduled to begin this summer. The American Head American Tour will include a stop in Cincinnati, OH at The Andrew J Brady Music Center on Tuesday, April 5, 2022. Heartless Bastards will join the show as support.
Equally exciting for Lips fans is the unearthing one of the rarest and most sought-after gems in their legendary catalog. The Flaming Lips will finally release The Soft Bulletin Companionon vinyl for the first time as part of the Record Store Day drop. Pressed on double silver vinyl, this exclusive 2 LP edition set is limited to just 16,000 copies worldwide and is expected to sell out quickly. It will be available at independent record stores everywhere. The album will be more widely available later this year – details will follow.
Disseminated among press, radio, family, and friends in limited quantity 22 years ago, Lips’ management assembled The Soft Bulletin Companion by hand as a promo-only CD to accompany the band’s groundbreaking album The Soft Bulletin in 1999. It consisted of unreleased material, outtakes, early mixes, B-sides, international bonus tracks, and stereo versions of tunes from Zaireeka. Expanding the lore of this hidden treasure trove, "The Captain” emerged as a fan favorite rarity, yet never saw a release on vinyl—until now.
The Soft Bulletin represented a watershed moment in the group’s journey. Powered by signature tracks such as “Race for the Prize,” Pitchfork notably rated it a perfect score of 10.0 and pegged it at #3 on the “Top 100 Albums of the 1990s.” Entertainment Weekly awarded the album an “A,” and NME scored it “9-out-of-10.” It closed out the 20th century for the band and paved the way into the 21st century, setting the stage for three subsequent GRAMMY® Awards, sales in the millions, and unprecedented innovation. One of the most important albums of all time and a turning point, it cemented the group as an iconic alternative institution and asserted them as a perennial creative presence in popular culture.
Audiences finally get the chance to dive deeper into The Soft Bulletin era with The Soft Bulletin Companion on vinyl.
In case you missed The Flaming Lips’ incredible segment on CBS Sunday yesterday, click here to view and share. The Lips also recently appeared on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live. Click here to view and share their performance of “Will You Return/When You Come Down,” from AMERICAN HEAD.